2011 June 29th
WhitePages Expands Mobile Portfolio with New Windows® Phone Application That Turns Phones into a Comprehensive On-the-Go Directory
New free app delivers people and business search, reverse phone lookup, GPS for maps and directions, and “save to contacts” features
SEATTLE – June 29, 2011— As part of its ongoing mission to help consumers connect with confidence while on-the-go, WhitePages (http://www.whitepages.com), the largest and most trusted online directory, today announced the launch of a new free Windows Phone app. Available immediately, the new WhitePages Windows Phone app provides robust people and business search, integrated GPS for maps and directions, reverse phone lookup to find a name for unknown numbers, and "save to contacts" functionality to keep mobile address books up to date.
“Our strategy is to make the WhitePages directory available to as many consumers as possible, no matter what device or operating system they may use,” said Bill Brooks, Mobile Business Development Director at WhitePages. “We are particularly excited about launching on the Windows Phone platform with its steadily growing user base and the highly anticipated launch of the upcoming Windows Phone 7.5 operating system.”
WhitePages has reached an audience of over 11 million mobile users through its top 10 iPhone and Android reference apps, as well as its popular iPad, HP webOS, BlackBerry, m.whitepages.com, and text LOOKUP mobile offerings. The addition of Windows Phone was driven by consumer demand, as well as the unique capabilities of the platform. With the Metro design language WhitePages has transformed the traditional app user interface model to fully take advantage of the panorama and pivot features delivering a great new user experience.
The new Windows Phone app is loaded with popular WhitePages mobile features including:
- Mobile People Search: Immediate access to the most comprehensive source of phone numbers and addresses. WhitePages’ database includes contact information for over 200 million people – that’s 90 percent of the US population.
- Local Business Search: By detecting user location, WhitePages’ easy to use business search provides fast results for nearby businesses by name or by category.
- Location Aware Store Locator: Popular stores are automatically suggested based on device location, with one-tap access to over 1 million verified businesses to find the best results fast.
- Reverse Phone Lookup: Putting a name to unknown numbers with ease, standard WhitePages search finds landlines and businesses, and premium search options are available for cell phones and other hard to find numbers.
- Save to Contacts: Add caller name, address and number to the phone’s address book with just one tap.
“Windows Phone is backed by an ecosystem of skilled developers who are building a variety of quality apps and games, like WhitePages, that take advantage of the phone’s unique features and design,” said Todd Brix, senior director, Windows Phone Marketplace, Microsoft Corp. “With its smart location aware features and integration with the phone’s address book, WhitePages is a great example of the high quality apps that Windows Phone customers can expect to find on Marketplace,” he continued.
The WhitePages on-the-go directory app for Windows is free and available immediately for download.
Current Press Releases
Mar 29, 2013
Current Caller ID App from WhitePages Adds Call and Text Blocking, Surpasses 4 Million Downloads
Feb 13, 2013
LinkedIn Co-Founder Konstantin Guericke and Startup Guru Geoff Entress Join WhitePages Board
Press Release Archives